(2391-52) Combined Inspection & Testing
8 Day (Intensive) or Evening Course
This PAT testing course is suitable for any person who has a responsibility to safely test portable electrical in-service equipment as part of their role.
To achieve the level of competency required for inspection and certification of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
At the end of the course, delegates will have demonstrated theoretical knowledge and practical competency in the following modules:
• Understand your own/your employers’ responsibilities under the 1989 Electricity at Work Act
• Know the necessity to keep all systems and portable appliances in a safe condition at all times
• Understand the requirement for regular inspections
• Carry out formal visual checks
• Carry out formal inspection and testing to determine the class of equipment
• Carry out electrical checks
• Create records of electrical checks completed
• Use records resulting from the above
Although there are no prerequisites with the course it would be beneficial to have some previous electrical knowledge.
Exam and 2 practical assessments
Each attendee must pass an online exam and two electrical assessments to gain this qualification.
Booking the course
When booking your course, you have to contact Allied Training Solutions to confirm your requirements.